Times, they are a changing'..

In the last 15 years, so many things have changed in our academic world.  The internet has become a massive resource and vehicle by which information is shared between professionals, between friends, between groups and has certainly become an important (if not central) tool by which we learn.  If you are looking for information, you can find it on the internet!  I remember taking a course in University and having only to read my textbook! I know, it's barbaric.

As I am beginning to see, part of online learning is how to manage the abundance of information.  Where to put your energy.  Having a plan of attack.  There are so many resources, and seemingly not enough time to read everything.  

So, while the internet and online learning can be efficient for sharing information and connecting with peers and professionals, it is a tool that one needs to learn how to use properly.  Efficiency comes after the tools is learned.  I am constantly reminding myself not to get down and to give myself time to learn the tools.....  

And to also keep up with course materials.

I found some interesting information about online learning that will be helpful for me to organizing the remainder of my course experience.



Comments

Popular Posts